The TSHA, GOLD card is a nationally recognised operator training program administered by the
Telescopic Handler Association of Australia (TSHA), the peak representative body for this industry.
The GOLD Card programme aims to confirm that the operators of specific types of telehandler have
been trained and are competent in the safe use of the work platform. Also to provide documentary
evidence that the required ‘duty of care has been met or exceeded.
A GOLD Card Ticket issued to operators who have been successfully trained by an accredited TSHA
It has been developed in consultation with manufactures, owners, hire companies and state
regulators. The “GOLD card” training program provides evidence for employers and operators to
meet their responsibility under the OHS & WHS Acts where a high risk work licence is not required.
All TSHA Accredited Trainers (ATs) hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and deliver the
course in accordance with the TSHA Code of Practice. Upon successful completion of the course will
receive a Telehandler Operator Licence with the proof of training and your photograph on the card.
This takes about a week. An interim record of training from the TSHA will be emailed to you on the
day of training and this can be used to operate the equipment.
This course covers all the requirements for obtaining a TSHA Trainer Operator Licence.
This course does not cover requirements for operating a forklift. This requires a High Risk Work
Licence – Class LP or LO.
Not exceeding 1 day.
Public Courses commence at 7.30am and the duration is determined by the number of trainees,
prior experience and other factors. A typical training will be completed by 3.30pm
Private courses can be scheduled to commence at an agreed time in the morning.
Please supply your own lunch.
Fees and Charges
Public Course –
Private Course – (Minimum of 2 Participants)
- 2 participants: $450 per person
- 3 participants: $425 per person
- 4 participants: $400 per person for BL module
- 5 or more participants: $375
Public Courses run weekly at our Glendenning facility
Private Courses – training can be conducted on your site provided the following requirements are met –
- Meeting room with tables and chairs
- Suitable clear equipment operating area
- Suitable Telescopic Handler
- Equipment must be in serviceable condition with no faults, an operator’s logbook, and the
equipment manual present
Upon successful completion of the course, a Yellow Card Trained Operator Licence with your photo will be issued by the EWPA (Elevated Work Platform Association). This will be posted within two weeks of completion. In the interim you will be supplied with a Statement of Attainment notification.
- Participants should be 18 years of age. Operating restrictions apply for those under 18 years of age
- Must produce sufficient identification with name and photo (eg – drivers license or passport etc)
- Required to speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
- Translators not accepted
Where we receive at least 48 hours notice, a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours incur a 20% cancellation fee. No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on the day of training.