EWPA Yellow Card Trained Operator Licence (Scissor Lift and Vertical Lift)
The EWP, Yellow card is a nationally recognised operator training program administered by the Elevated Work Platform Association of Australia (EWPAA), the peak representative body for this industry. The EWPA Yellow Card programme aims to confirm that the operators of specific types of EWPs have been trained and are competent in the safe use of the work platform. Also to provide documentary evidence that the required ‘duty of care has been met or exceeded.
A Yellow Card Ticket issued to operators who have been successfully trained by an accredited EWPAA trainer.
It has been developed in consultation with manufactures, owners, hire companies and state regulators. The “Yellow card” training program provides evidence for employers and operators to meet their responsibility under the OHS & WHS Acts where a high risk work licence is not required.
All EWPA Accredited Trainers (ATs) hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and deliver the course in accordance with the EWPA Code of Practice. Upon successful completion of the course will receive an EWP Operator Licence with the proof of training and your photograph on the card. This takes about a week. An interim record of training from the EWPA will be emailed to you on the day of training and this can be used to operate the equipment.
This course covers all the requirements for obtaining an EWPA Trainer Operator Licence.
Participants may complete single or multiple EWP Classes as required –
- Vertical Lift (VL)
- Scissor Lift (SL)
- Boom Lift under 11m (BL)
- Trailer Mounted Boom Lift under 11m (TL)*
This course does not cover requirements for operating a boom type elevated work platform with a height or reach of 11m or more. This requires a High Risk Work Licence – Class WP.
Delivery of Trailer Mounted Boom Lift training is by prior arrangement and quotation.
Not exceeding 1 day.
Public Courses commence at 7.30am and the duration is determined by the number of trainees, prior experience and other factors. A typical training will be completed by 3.30pm
Private courses can be scheduled to commence at an agreed time in the morning.
Please supply your own lunch.
Fees and Charges
Public Course –
- $280 for SL and VL modules
- $50 additional for BL module
Private Course – (Minimum of 2 Participants)
- 2 participants: $350 per person for SL and VL modules
- 3 participants: $300 per person for SL and VL modules
- 4 participants: $275 per person for SL and VL modules
- 5 or more participants: $250 per person for SL and VL modules
- $50 additional for BL module
Public Courses run weekly at our Glendenning facility
Private Courses – training can be conducted on your site provided the following requirements are met –
- Meeting room with tables and chairs
- Suitable clear equipment operating area
- Each class of Elevated Work Platform required to be trained on
- Equipment must be in serviceable condition with no faults, an operator’s logbook, and the equipment manual present
Upon successful completion of the course, a Yellow Card Trained Operator Licence with your photo will be issued by the EWPA (Elevated Work Platform Association). This will be posted within two weeks of completion. In the interim you will be supplied with a Statement of Attainment notification.
- Participants should be 18 years of age. Operating restrictions apply for those under 18 years of age.
- Must produce sufficient identification with name and photo (eg – drivers license or passport etc)
- Required to speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment.
- Oral assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties.
- Translators not accepted
- Must be prepared to operate the equipment at FULL height
Where we receive at least 48 hours notice, a refund of fees may be available. Cancellations within 48 hours incur a 20% cancellation fee. No refund is given for non-attendance or cancellation on the day of training.